Monday, January 16, 2012

My Bridesmaids

Ever since I could remember I really didn't want any bridesmaids. After being in 13 weddings I never wanted to "bother" anyone with such a title.
As soon as Chris and I became engaged it totally changed. I wanted my girls there.
I wanted that comfort in knowing that my girls would be there by my side.
So, I decided to ask 6 friends to be my "support team."
It was hard to choose just 6, but I couldn't have everyone.

When I decided on who to have I made and sent them all a box.
The box was simple yet, got my question across just fine.
On the outside is the initial of their first name. Then when they would open it it asked them if they would be my bridesmaid. Inside I put a calendar of events thus far, the list of all the girls and their numbers, the paint chips to represent the colors of their dress, and what they would be wearing. I had a fun time putting it all together.
The hard part for me was keeping this a secret for almost a month. I loved hearing the voice mails, reading the texts and seeing the shock of the girls reactions.
I am so blessed to have people in my life who love me and have always been there for me.

The girls I have chosen are girls that I have known for over 20 years and then some that I've only known for a short time. To me it's not about how long you have known someone. It's the role they play in your life. Being there for you, no matter what. Always loving you, even when you are wrong. I am so excited to share this experience with all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment