I've decided to start a new blog for this new year that is happening.
A lot of stuff is changing and I wanted to have a fresh start and try to keep up on writing.
First off, lets catch up on things that are changing:
First off, lets catch up on things that are changing:
I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!
Chris asked me on Jan 2, my parents anniversary, to marry him. I was so excited to be able to "officially" tell people that we were getting married.
Rewind... a week before Chris asked me we already had the Temple date and Venue set. Earlier that day even, we had made a deposit on the venue. I know, I know. Backwards. But we wanted to make sure that the date we wanted at the Temple matched the venue. So when it did we went for it. Then it became a waiting game for me. Even though I told him he couldn't ask till after the 1st of Jan. I was getting really anxious. Never doing that again.
Proposal Story: Jake, Chris's younger brother, called me on Sunday and asked what we were doing that Monday. I said just running errands and then nothing that afternoon evening. He asked if we could go on a double date with him cause he was being set up on a blind date. I was more then happy to go with him. He said that we were going to meet at Tempe Town Lake and rent a boat. SWEET! I had always wanted to do that but never had.
Monday: Chris and I head up to the valley and are running errands. I was starting to get tired and get a headache and just blah. Complaining that I didn't want to go on the date and that I just wanted to go home. Chris asked me if I was going to be mopey all night or if I was going to act happy. I said I would be happy for sure.
We get to Tempe Town Lake and as we are walking up to the boat rentals I see Jake. I'm asking Chris, why is he in a white shirt and tie? That's a little dressed up for a blind date, especially at this location. Then I noticed a camera in his hand. Again, why would he bring a camera for a first date? But I kept the thoughts to myself as we got closer.
We go into the section of the boats and Jake says, I'm your driver. I was like ok... Chris then starts to walk me over to the boats and says the boat ride is for us. I'm standing there like what is going on. Then LIGHT BULB! Holy cow! This is totally it.
On the boat it was so sweet. Jake and Chris are messing around with the camera, trying to turn it on so they can record this whole thing. Chris is talking and tells the camera that I didn't think he had the rings cause he told me it was getting sized and them pulls out the ring. Comes over to me and says some amazing things and then asked me to marry him. When he is putting the ring on my hand he tells me that it's the ring that his dad had given his mom. (Sidenote: Chris's dad had pasted away when he was 3 as a DPS officer while working) It was such an overwhelming feeling. I love the ring and all!
New Engaged couple!
Chris asked me on Jan 2, my parents anniversary, to marry him. I was so excited to be able to "officially" tell people that we were getting married.
Rewind... a week before Chris asked me we already had the Temple date and Venue set. Earlier that day even, we had made a deposit on the venue. I know, I know. Backwards. But we wanted to make sure that the date we wanted at the Temple matched the venue. So when it did we went for it. Then it became a waiting game for me. Even though I told him he couldn't ask till after the 1st of Jan. I was getting really anxious. Never doing that again.
Proposal Story: Jake, Chris's younger brother, called me on Sunday and asked what we were doing that Monday. I said just running errands and then nothing that afternoon evening. He asked if we could go on a double date with him cause he was being set up on a blind date. I was more then happy to go with him. He said that we were going to meet at Tempe Town Lake and rent a boat. SWEET! I had always wanted to do that but never had.
Monday: Chris and I head up to the valley and are running errands. I was starting to get tired and get a headache and just blah. Complaining that I didn't want to go on the date and that I just wanted to go home. Chris asked me if I was going to be mopey all night or if I was going to act happy. I said I would be happy for sure.
We get to Tempe Town Lake and as we are walking up to the boat rentals I see Jake. I'm asking Chris, why is he in a white shirt and tie? That's a little dressed up for a blind date, especially at this location. Then I noticed a camera in his hand. Again, why would he bring a camera for a first date? But I kept the thoughts to myself as we got closer.
We go into the section of the boats and Jake says, I'm your driver. I was like ok... Chris then starts to walk me over to the boats and says the boat ride is for us. I'm standing there like what is going on. Then LIGHT BULB! Holy cow! This is totally it.
On the boat it was so sweet. Jake and Chris are messing around with the camera, trying to turn it on so they can record this whole thing. Chris is talking and tells the camera that I didn't think he had the rings cause he told me it was getting sized and them pulls out the ring. Comes over to me and says some amazing things and then asked me to marry him. When he is putting the ring on my hand he tells me that it's the ring that his dad had given his mom. (Sidenote: Chris's dad had pasted away when he was 3 as a DPS officer while working) It was such an overwhelming feeling. I love the ring and all!
New Engaged couple!
January 7, 2012
JEN GETS MARRIED!!
Jen and I have been the besties of all besties for a couple of years. She was my visiting teacher and our friendship grew. We lived together for a year and survived! Woo!
We went our separate ways. Jen to Cali. Me to Casa Grande.
Jen and this boy, John, fell in love. 3 months later BAM! A ring! 9 months later a WEDDING! Finally... said everyone. Oh did I mention that John is Jen's sister-in-law's brother?
Jen lived in Cali. John lived in Utah and the Wedding was in AZ.
Jen's wedding was the 13th wedding that I have had the privilege of being in. And hopefully the last, but I don't think it will be and I am 100% okay with that.
Jen was such a beautiful bride. It was so much fun to be the Maid of Honor, Best Friend and Stylist. Lots of work, but so much fun!
After the Wedding Chris and I decided to go to Jared's and look at rings. We wanted to look at rings to find something for us. We found the most gorgeous ring ever!
While it was being set we decided to go register at Target!
Oh, what fun that was. The first thing that Chris wanted... Halo Lego set.
While it was being set we decided to go register at Target!
Oh, what fun that was. The first thing that Chris wanted... Halo Lego set.
No comments:
Post a Comment